IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Organizations continue to be challenged with the consistent application of defined project management processes, resource planning, forecasting, and other business demands. A well-managed Project Management Office (PMO) can address these challenges in order to ensure successful project delivery. We work with clients when they need to deploy a new PMO, operate a PMO, or optimize and enhance an existing PMO to meet a set of evolving challenges, functions, and services.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The first step Technetics takes in deploying a PMO is to assess the current environment and develop a deployment roadmap incorporating your organisation’s culture and operating practices. We will work with you to identify, prioritise, and establish a set of fundamental PMO functions and services. Deployment includes establishing governance standards, developing the PMO Charter and communications plan, identifying resource needs and performance measures, incorporating the right amount of repeatable delivery processes to fit your culture, and improving the competencies of your staff through training and mentoring. Emphasis is on the PMO providing an organisational entity focused on improving the management of your portfolio.
HOW IS IT USED? WHO IS IT USED FOR?
If project management is not a core competency, consider outsourcing the PMO. Technetics works in partnership with you to understand your goals and establish a structure that will achieve them. We will evaluate what you currently have in place and will subsidize as required or if preferred, can utilise our customisable toolkit of proven techniques and methodologies. Constant communication and incorporating organisational change management are crucial to the success and is a core component of our operating model. Performance measures are collectively established upfront with you and progress toward established goals is continually evaluated via quality and performance reviews.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Project Managers are consistently being challenged to provide additional value to their organisations. To meet business demands, projects must be completed faster and cheaper. The business wants more transparency and they look to optimise project resources. We can help your organisation rise to the challenge.
To take your project management to the next level, Technetics will first review and evaluate your existing PMO structure and provide recommendations targeted to enhance it. We will develop a transformation roadmap, identifying areas of opportunity and will collaborate with you to create an implementation plan for deployment. Common areas of focus for this type of transformation may include enhanced visibility, level of PM competency evaluation, portfolio resource optimization, demand management of both project and operations work, and facilitating organizational change. PMOs offering this level of service govern with a senior management focus on strategic issues and facilitate change across the organization.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Technetics provides highly experienced project managers with the leadership capabilities to successfully guide, manage, and support high-visibility initiatives. Whether you require resources long term or short term, Technetics has the flexibility and talent to accommodate your resource needs. We specialize in:
- Managing strategic, mission-critical initiatives: Our clients utilise our consultants when they can not afford program or project failure
- Recovering troubled projects: Our consultants are skilled at conducting rapid diagnosis of problems, instituting course corrections and bringing projects back on track.
- Interim leadership: We can take charge of your projects, run them for you for short or long term durations and transition them back to you when you are ready.
- Filling skill set gaps: If your people are proficient in some areas but not so much in others (e.g., risk management), we can provide the expertise you need. We can also help better manage key resource dependency issues.
- Supplementing resources when demand exceeds capacity: From Business Analysts to Project Controllers to Program Managers, we can help fill your staffing shortages.