Cloud computing solutions have helped organisations gain significant operational efficiencies while improving storage, backup and disaster recovery processes. However, the rapid emergence of cloud-based technology and remote working environments have created new, unique cyber security vulnerabilities every business needs to manage.
Technetics Consulting provides cloud risk assessment, monitoring and security management services to help detect potential threats and minimise the risks of a breach or compromise to your cloud-based systems.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Our team follow a step by step process to identify and minimise potential cyber threats:
- Initial review and assessment - Our team assesses cloud security risks based on your organisation’s specific cloud environment, including applications, software, devices and user activity, along with any planned changes to this environment.
- Automated and manual testing - We run specialised tools to collect information about your cloud environment, identify misconfigurations and gaps, consider ideal architecture and evaluate possible attack chains.
- Recommendations - Our team creates tailored recommendations and mitigation strategies for findings and presents them to the security team and management as required.
At Technetics, we always assess cloud security risks in the context of the business and industry, ensuring our approach and proposed solutions are reflective of the unique threat landscape.
HOW IS A CLOUD RISK ASSESSMENT USED?
The adoption of cloud-based technologies often outpaces the necessary security protocols organisations have in place. Cloud risk assessments close this gap by educating you on current and potential risks, identifying current threats and providing recommendations for mitigating that risk. This includes:
- Assessing risk based on apps, users, usage, and data movement
- Identifying and building awareness around cloud usage
- Examining cloud apps by category, enterprise-readiness level and risk
- Platform-specific security assessments (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, AWS)
- Tracking usage and data movement in both sanctioned and unsanctioned apps
- Identifying any DLP violations and data exposure
- Laying out a step-by-step risk mitigation roadmap
- Delivering complete reporting in a language you understand
According to a recent CRN security report the average cost of a data breach per Australian organisation is over $2.5 million per year with the average breach involving more than 20,000 records. Organisations can avoid costly breaches with the right IT security measures in place.
BENEFITS OF A CLOUD RISK ASSESSMENT
Performing a cloud risk assessment will help you understand, analyse and remediate the risks of adopting cloud and SaaS within your organisation.
- Reduce risk from accidental misconfiguration - Adopting tailored configuration changes recommended after a cloud security assessment can reduce potential attacks.
- Reduce risk from missed notifications - Improve your organisation’s ability to detect and respond to compromises so that minor security issues do not progress into more serious breaches.
- Improve resilience - Recommendations are delivered following the cloud security assessment to help organisations recover from a potential future breach faster.
- Streamline account management - Reduce time spent on account and privilege management with strategies that reduce the likelihood of risky or excessive privileges being granted.
- Detect past compromises - A cloud risk assessment may also be able to identify variances in your cloud configuration that may have been caused by a previous compromise.
WHY CHOOSE TECHNETICS?
Technetics has extensive experience providing cyber security services to organisations across Australia. We assess cloud security risks in the context of the specific business or organisation. This ensures our solutions address the unique risk profile and threats you face.
Our team can help your organisation stay vigilant against breaches to cloud-based systems along with a range of other cyber threats through our suite of IT security services, which includes dark web monitoring, incident response, penetration testing and more.
PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS FROM CLOUD SECURITY THREATS
Gain confidence that your business is adequately protected against cloud security threats with an assessment that identifies and manages the risks faced by your organisation. Get in touch to find out more about cloud risk assessments for your business. We will answer any questions you have and guide you through the process of getting started. Contact us online or call us on 1300 853 453.